Setting up WebDav on Windows Vista
This document provides instructions to set up WebDAV on a computer with the Windows Vista operating system.
First, your computer must have Microsoft's Software Update for Web Folders (KB907306) installed in order for WebDAV to function properly with Vista. If you have not already done so, install this update as follows:
You should see the following page:
Press the Download button. You should see the following page:
Select Run to install the update immediately or Save to save it on your machine to install later.
if you saved the update, double-click on it to proceed with the installation.
Setting up WebDAV
1.Select Computer from the Start icon
2. With Computer selected in the left panel, you see "Map network drive" in the tool bar. Click on "Map network drive".
3. On the "Map Network Drive" dialog, click on the "Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures" link.
4. On the first of a series of "Add Network Location" dialogs, click Next.
5. Select "Choose a custom network location." and click Next.
6. Enter the URL of the network address and click Next.
The network address the form:
7. Enter the User name and Password and click OK
8. Type a name for the network location.
This is the name of the folder you will use to access your course files.
9. Press Finish.
In the left panel under "Folders", the name of the network location you chose in step 8 will appear in the list.