Steps for Faculty
- Apply for UConn Research Foundation (UCRF) and American Association of University Professors (AAUP) travel funds at
- Complete the Request for Travel Approval form at travel.uconn.edu/ta_help.php
- If traveling internationally, or travel request exceeds $10,000 approval of the Provost required.
- Indicate the funding source(s) and estimate the amount being released. You can state UCRF/AAUP if you are traveling on these sources.
- NOTE: Recommended timing: 4-6 weeks before travel
- Once permission to travel is received, depending on the funding source, a Financial Assistant in the front administrative office is available to assist with booking flights and pre-conference registration.
- Hotels and car rentals (where permitted) must be paid up front by the traveler with receipts submitted later for reimbursement.
- University travel reimbursement policy requires original receipts. Since this often includes an accumulation of boarding passes, toll receipts, hotel confirmations, and many miscellaneous receipts, it is recommended the traveler obtain a Travel Receipt Envelope from the front office prior to departure. Faculty members are entitled to location-specific per diems, however, reimbursements are facilitated by itemizing expenses and submission of original meal receipts. Per diem rates can be found at http://web2.uconn.edu/travel/mileage_perdiem.php . (Receipts should be submitted for all expenses claimed during travel, however they are not required for expenses under $25.00). After all receipts are received, a Financial Assistant from the front office will complete the reimbursement form and submit it the travel department.
- Travelers should familiarize themselves with other travel restrictions (for U.S. airline use, etc.) which are listed on the travel website travel.uconn.edu
Steps for Students
- For student travel, fill out the appropriate form below. Bring it to a Financial Assistant in the Front Office, who will inform you of the subsequent steps you must take. As with faculty travel, be sure to keep boarding passes, receipts, etc.
Revised Nov 2012