- The coordination of action with respect to vision.
- Advocacy and elaboration of the ecological approach to perception
- S-R compatibility in Choice RT.
- Learning and calibration in perception and action.
- Michaels, C. F. (1988). S-R compatibility between response
position and destination of apparent motion: Evidence of the detection
of affordances. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception
and Performance, 14, 231-240.
- Michaels, C. F., & Oudejans, R. R. D. (1992). The optics
and actions of catching fly balls: Zeroing out optical acceleration.
Ecological Psychology, 4, 199-222.
- Michaels, C. F., & de Vries, M. M. (1998). Higher-order
and lower-order variables in the visual perception of relative
pulling force. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception
and Performance, 24, 526-546.
- Also at Faculty of Human Movement Sciences, Vrije Universiteit,