Skip to Search
Skip to Navigation
Skip to Content

University of Connecticut Logistics Administration University Mail Services


Address Change / Mail Forwarding

Change of Address - Employees/Emeriti/Affiliates

  1. Affiliates are now being managed by the UITS Help Center, so address changes for that population should be addressed to UITS (, or (486-4357) if a phone number is needed.
  2. Requests for UBox changes for Employees or Emeriti with offices on campus should be addressed to  Ellen Faircloth (486-3900) is the contact person. 

Change of Address - Departments
A change of your department's location must be acted upon promptly. As soon as you learn of your new location, fax (6-2843) or email a note indicating the new location and anticipated move date. You will receive an official response, indicating your new mailing address. Distribution of new or change of address information issued by UMS is forwarded electronically, to Public Safety, Human Resources, Payroll, Budget, Accounting, Warehouse, Institutional Research, and Telecommunications.

Change of Address - Students
Students may change their address by accessing the Student Administration System at Within the SAS navigate to SA Self Service -> Personal Portfolio -> Tasks -> Addresses

Mail Forwarding
The disposition of mail can only be determined in the receiving department. Unwanted mail is either forwarded, returned to the sender or discarded. Once mail is opened, it cannot be forwarded or returned unless you put it in a new envelope/container and are willing to pay postage, charging your FRS account.

When mail is to be forwarded or returned, draw one line through the address, cross out the postal barcode and either provide a forwarding address or write "Return to Sender". Prepare "Forwarding" mail as one bundle and "Return to Sender" as another bundle.

Upon viewing the contents of mail that is addressed to your department, if you determine it belongs to a different department, this may be resealed and forwarded internally through campus mail.